BAM International is a subsidiary of Royal BAM Group, one of Europe’s largest contracting companies active in construction, property, civil engineering, public-private partnerships, mechanical and electrical contracting and engineering in 30 countries across the globe. In the United Arab Emirates FCM Travel Solutions provides Air, Hotel, Car Hire and a Meet & Assist Service for BAM International and their travellers, most of whom are employees working in frontline roles in the construction industry. Prior to commencing trade with FCM, BAM was managed by a local travel agent in the UAE and had no visibility on their expenditure. The customer’s total travel volume is AED 2M of which 88% is air spend followed by hotel and car by 12%. Company travel is mostly air travel from the Asian subcontinent and they have a handful of executives flying regularly, where hotel bookings are always required.
At the onboarding stage, FCM’s Multinational Account Manager tailored change management to drive consistent program architecture and deployment utilising a client handbook developed specifically for BAM International.
The approach included:
- Consistent implementation plan and regular meetings with the
- BAM International procurement team
- FCM ClientBank implemented as single point of reporting platform across all countries
- Implementation of an Online Booking Tool
- Enrollment in Emirates Business Rewards program
The swift implementation of FCM’s end-to-end service model saw a very strong shift in quantifiable results in BAM International’s travel program.
- Consolidation of travel spend globally gained through improved visibility in reporting with the implementation of FCM ClientBank, our global reporting platform.
- Implementation of an Online Booking Tool and successful training of travel bookers to streamline the booking process as most of their trips were previously booked point-to-point.
- Consolidated travel management reporting and review delivered half yearly and annually to the procurement manager for better negotiations with their suppliers.
- In the first annual review FCM was able to negotiate a deal with airline Spice Jet based on their spend analysis with savings of up to 7% and renegotiated their hotel deal and saved 16% per room night.
“We have a true partnership with FCM. If things go wrong, we know FCM will look after our employees and offer sensible solutions.”